Sunday, February 5, 2012

Thank You

I got some news tonight that my place of work (where I haven't exactly been working since July) did some fundraising for me during their Superbowl Party today.  They raised a very generous amount and all seem very excited about the outcome.  I certainly am!  This comes after a flood of donations and gifts of financial support from my family and friends over the course of the past couple of months.  I have had one friend in particular blow me away with her fundraising efforts.  I am overwhelmed by people's generosity and so incredibly touched.

I have had so many people step up and help in so many ways and I don't know what to do other than write down my sincerest expression of gratitude.  I have had people give up copious amounts of their time (which, in this day and age is equivalent to money) to help take care of me and my family.  I have had family members reach out to me with cards and gifts to show their support.  I was given a card that my sisters delivered last week and I was so touched at all the personal messages that I couldn't help but cry my eyes out.  As I sobbed, I turned to my sisters and said sarcastically, "See how strong I am?!".  We all had to laugh at it.  At least I still have a sense of humour, I guess.

So far we have had our fertility treatments, a wig, some naturopathic care, and now many prescriptions paid for by our generous supporters.  I was actually just starting to think about the prescription costs this week because I realized that the anti-nauseant drugs that I had purchased several weeks ago were not in fact to cover the whole 12 rounds of chemo, they were only enough to get me through one round.  When I initially purchased them I thought, "Hey, that's not so bad!  Could definitely be more expensive."  Well, it is.  It'll be 12 times as expensive.  So many expenses that you don't think about!

My hopes in writing this posting tonight is to be able to tell each person who has contributed, be it financially, time, emotional support, food, babysitting, prayers, or thoughts, that they have truly been a blessing to my life.  I'm not sure if they will ever read this, I hope that some of them do.  I don't even know who all of them are!  I would like to speak to each person and tell them individually what an impact they have had on my life, but I'm not sure if that will ever be possible.  My truest, most genuine hope is that I can one day bless and touch their lives in the way that they have mine.  Thank you all so much for your love!

1 comment:

  1. In my prayers always girlfriend and fellow worship warrior!

    ReplyDelete